How to create ombré nails: a step-by-step guide
Ombré nails are a huge trend at the moment, and learning new tips and tricks to give your clients the most fashionable nails is always a good idea.
This is a great tutorial for those who are newer to nail art to show you a step-by-step guide to how to create ombré nails.
Choose your favourite gel polish colours
1. Start by applying Bluesky Base Coat to your client's nails and cure for 60 seconds under your LED lamp/120 seconds under UV.
2. Begin by adding your first colour to the top of the nail. Carefully apply the colour until you reach the middle of the nail.
3. Take your second colour and begin applying it from the bottom of the nail upwards. Leave a thin gap before you reach the first colour.
4. Take a nail art brush and, starting in the middle of the nail, very quickly brush in a sideways direction across the nail to blend the colours together. Continue until both colours have blended into each other.
5. Cure under your LED lamp for 60 seconds/UV 120 seconds.
7. Take your first colour and add another coat, repeating the process. Take your second colour and do the same.
8. Blend together with your nail art brush, once again using fast sideways strokes until both colours blend seamlessly together. Cure for 60 seconds LED/120 seconds UV.
9. Once you're happy with the opacity of your design, finish with Bluesky Top Coat and cure for 60 seconds LED/120 seconds UV.
Your design is now complete! Thanks to our Bluesky Technicaly Specialist, Maya Stamboliyska, for sharing her design with us. You can see more of her work over on her Instagram page.