AquaColor Pen Tutorial
Preparation is everything...
- Use the Bluesky Nail File to file nails to the desired shape.
- Push back cuticles and trim where necessary.
- Gently buff nails with your Bluesky Nail Buffer.
- Clean nails with a Bluesky Cleanser Wipe.
- To prep your AquaColor pen if it's your first time using it, you'll also need to open the box and remove the empty pen and cartridge; disassemble the pen and carefully remove the rubber cap from the cartridge keeping the cartridge upright.
- Plug the cartridge into the pen and reassemble.
Choose a white or light colour...
- Apply a thin layer of Bluesky Base Coat to all five nails, capping the ends. Avoid the skin and cuticle.
- Cure for 30 seconds under the Bluesky lamp.
- Apply a white/light colour polish in the same way as the base coat; a thin coat, cap the end, avoid your skin.
- Cure for 60 seconds.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 building up the colour each time. 1 coat will give a sheer finish, 2 is normal, 3 will be a solid colour.
- Take your desired AquaColor pen and get designing! As shown above, dotting small circles and then using our blender pen can help you create patterns.
- Let each design dry naturally for 30-60 seconds before applying a top coat and curing for 60 seconds.
- Use a Bluesky Cleanser Wipe to remove the sticky residue leaving super shiny nails.