Get The London Fashion Week Look With Bluesky Gel Polish: Part 1
To celebrate the fantastic occasion, we’re giving you the low-down on all the colours used in the show as well step-by-step guides so you can re-create the styles for your clients and get stocked up on the latest trends!
We’re starting with two stunning floral designs for you to create. And, when you've finished, you can take a look at part two which includes two more nail art designs!
This gorgeously delicate floral pattern was created using some of our staple Bluesky products when it comes to nail art.
Follow these steps to create the design:
- First, you’ll need to create your transparent base. Apply a thin coat of Bluesky Ridge Filler Base Coat and cure for 60 seconds UV/2 minutes LED. Tip: Ridge Filler is a great product to use if your client's have uneven nail beds, as it’s a self-levelling base coat.
- Using a thin Bluesky Nail Art Brush and Gold Gel Paint, carefully draw your desired pattern. We’ve gone for a slightly different floral pattern on each nail tip, drawing leaves, stems and flowers.
- Fill in any petals for your flowers by using a thin nail art brush and gel polish Pink Gold.
- Once happy with the design, cure for 60 seconds UV/2 minutes LED.
- Finish with our Bluesky No Wipe Top Coat and cure for a final 60 seconds LED/2 minutes UV.
A simple and sophisticated look, this set of nails was created using a base of Bluesky products and topped with Swarovski crystals – matching the crystals used in Paula’s own designs.
Tip: Before you begin, watch our how to video below and also make sure you’ve got your cleanser in a small dish that you can dip your brush into.
- Begin with a Bluesky Base Coat, curing for 60 seconds LED/2 minutes UV.
- Using an extension tip that fits the nail, apply a small amount of Bluesky Gum Gel into the tip using an orangewood stick.
- Using a small amount of cleanser on your orangewood stick, spread the Gum Gel into the tip to the length required.
- Use a small brush and a small amount of cleanser to spread the Gum Gel into the nail tip.
- Cover the nail with the gel side of the tip. Using your small brush and a small amount of cleanser, wipe around the nail edge (where the extension rests near to the edge of the nail). Cure for 60 seconds LED/2 minutes UV.
- Using your Bluesky Nail File, file into your client's desired shape. Then, use your Bluesky Buffer to buff over the gel to smooth and wipe nails with a cleanser wipe.
- Apply a thin layer of Bluesky Base Coat and cure for 60 seconds LED/2 minutes UV.
- To create our design for the show, we placed small Swarovski crystals in the shape of flowers. You can create a similar floral design using Bluesky 4D Gel or Bluesky Gel Paint – we’d go for silver or gold glitter.
- Once your design is finished, apply Bluesky No Wipe Top Coat and cure for a final 60 seconds LED/2 minutes UV.
Stayed tuned for part two where we’ll be showing you how to create two more of our nail art designs created for the show! Don't forget to follow us on Instagram to see more images of the nail designs and shots from behind the scenes!